Skip to main content
Rejection is just background noise.
Rejection is just background noise.
As a Cochlear Implant user, I’ve faced rejections that had nothing to do with my skills. Sometimes, it felt like decisions were made before the interview even began.
For a while, it stung. I kept asking myself:
“Why am I being judged for something I didn’t choose?”
But then I realized something powerful: life never rejected me.
When silence tried to define me, I refused.
I finished school, earned my degree, handled research projects, internships, and presentations. Every step demanded resilience. Every achievement reminded me that effort speaks louder than noise.
That’s why I no longer see rejection as a wall.
It’s just background noise.
Every “no” feels like static in my implant: temporary, annoying, but never permanent.
The truth is my “yes” is still out there, waiting. And just like my soundprocessor’s battery pack, every time I recharge myself with belief, hard work, and consistency, I return stronger than before.

This journey taught me an important lesson:
✅ I don’t need to prove I can hear.
✅ I need to prove I can achieve.
✅ The right people will listen without asking me to shout.
So whether you’re a CI user, a student, a job seeker, or a professional facing rejections remember this: you’ve already survived harder things. Rejection isn’t the end. It’s just noise.
💙 What about you? Has rejection ever made you stronger?
👉 Or has a challenge in your life turned into your biggest motivation?
Your story might be exactly what someone else needs today.
hashtag
Comments
Post a Comment